Ladder Safety Training Course
On completing the Safe Use of Ladders Course , you will be competent to:
- Assess and determine when it is appropriate to use ladders & step ladders
- Correctly locate and safely use ladders & step ladders
- Carry out the pre-use inspection of ladders & step ladders for damage (Pre-use checks only)
- Accurately record details of ladders & step ladders (Covers how to record the details and looking for the information required i.e. – type of ladders and is it appropriate in the workplace – does it meet the standard specifications)
- Thoroughly inspect ladders & step ladders and identify safety critical faults. (Pre-use checks only)
- Recommend action to be taken if faults found.
And you will have an understanding of:
- Legislation & regulations affecting work at height.
- Product standards & classifications for ladders & step ladders.
- Hazards affecting the use of ladders & step ladders.
- The difference between pre-use and formal inspections.
- The difference between maintenance & repairs and who is allowed to do them. (isolate, tag & report to the appropriate person)
- The correct methods of disposal of equipment at the end of it’s working life.
Courses are offered at our training locations throughout the UK.
Cost will depend on the number of candidates. Please contact us for more information.
Other Products that may interest you
Ladder Safety The Essentials Working at Heights (e-Learning)