It’s estimated that over 700,000 tonnes of hazardous waste goes ‘missing’ every year because it has been mis-classified. There is widespread ignorance and confusion over the Hazardous Waste and List of Wastes regulations. If any of that ‘missing’ waste is yours, you could be at risk from fines and bad publicity.
A complete introduction to the new regulations.
This DVD provides chapter points to make it easier to deliver the training in bite-size chunks. The video is ‘presenter led’ with detailed illustration and covers:
• Introduction to the definition of hazardous waste
• The Hazardous Waste Regulations
• The List of Waste Regulations and the EWC
• Defining hazardous waste using the LoW:
o Absolute entries
o Mirror entries
o Non hazardous entries
o Using the LoW / EWC codes for classification
• The consignment note system
• How to define and generate consignment codes
• Completing Consignment notes
• Restrictions on mixing hazardous waste
• Summary of the main points
Suitable for managers and those responsible for classifying, coding and consigning waste.
Video Length:28 mins